See the Calendar page.
The Brewer’s Profile page now has 3 members.
The Scranton Brewers Guild will be meeting tomorrow Wednesday July 25th at 730pm at jacks draft house. As always we ask home brewers to bring their latest brews for everyone to sample and critique.
TWO IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING
- IF YOU HAVE A PORTER THAT’S DONE AND BOTTLED FOR COMPETITION PLEASE BRING IT SO THAT WE CAN SELECT AN ENTRY FOR THE CLUB ONLY COMP
- BRING AN IDEA FOR THE “IRON BREWER” SECRET INGREDIENT
On the Agenda for this months meeting:
- Upcoming competitions and deadlines for entry
- Club only Competition for August PORTER Entries due August 10th
- Malt Madness Lehigh Valley – 7/27 till 8/09
- Hoppy Halloween Challenge September 1st
- Scranton Brewers Website updates
- Brewer Bios
- Calendar Updates
- Scranton brewers informal “IRON BREWER” Competition
- Secret ingredient will be picked
- Anyone can enter at no cost
- Winner will be selected based on popular vote for best use of the ingredient
- Will be done at brew day in September/ October TBD
- BREW DAY THIS SATURDAY July 28th Dave Boczar’s Hosting
- If you are brewing let us know
- As always we are looking for people to bring food and beer (commercial or homebrew) to share, and if anyone wants to bring an extra propane tanks or burner to help out that day that is also welcomed.
- 2013 NHC updates and involvements/ forming the organization committee
- Club Night
- Hospitality Suite
- Speaker Presentations
- Brewing education topic will be Adjuncts coming to the party, what makes a good flavoring agent and what makes a poor one. Presented by Sean
As always if you have any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call sean at 499-3423
For those interested in getting BJCP judge feedback on their home brews, and/or to see how they stack up against other brewers, check out this event:
Malt Madness – entries accepted: 07/27/12 through 08/09/12. Contest is 8/25.
Rules, and how to register is available at: http://www.lehighvalleyhomebrewers.org/competition_2012.html
This is the recipe for the awesome bread that Al & Lindy brought last week:
Barley Creek’s Charity Hombrew Contest and Family BBQ
To celebrate American Craft Beer Week
-Where: Barley Creek’s Pint Sized Park and Pavilion
-When: Friday May 18th from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
-What: Homebrew Contest and family outing. Bring your friends, your own beer, family, a grill, and some food for a night of local beer and family games!
-Proceeds for the event will go to The United Way
-Categories will be judged by a panel of seasoned beer geeks
-Categories are broken down into Lager/Ale/Belgian Style Beer
-$15 Donation to United Way per beer entered. No limit to how many beers one participant may enter.
-Each Participant will receive 10lbs of free bulk grain just for entering. (any combination of grain from Barley’s grain room equaling 10lbs.)
-Best Ale/Best Lager/Best Belgian Beer will each receive a 2012 Barley Creek Mug Club Membership.
-The homebrew club that has the most members participating will receive a trophy.
-”Best of Show” Grand Prize award will be given to the brewer with the overall best tasting, and most memorable beer. He/She will be able to become a guest brewer for a day at Barley Creek and brew their winning recipe to be commercially available on tap at our Brewpub. The brewer will also receive a free 2012 Mug Club Membership and a free sixtel of their finished product, or the equivalent in growler fills.
For information on how to enter or questions about the event email – Joebrews@barleycreek.com
Other activities include but are not limited to…
Yes! We are letting you bring and consume your own beer and food! In fact… you’re encouraged to!
So come on down to Barley Creek support the United Way and American Craft Beer Week and overall have a good time!