The Scranton Brewers Guild Monthly meeting at Jack’s Draft House. Find us in the dining room as we talk all things homebrew! Bring some homebrew to share and talk about.
July’s Meeting will recap all of the shenanigans that happened at the NHC, plan some events for the rest of the summer and early fall, and so mcuh more! Hop to see you there!
See the Calendar page.
Here is a pdf of Dan Schreffler’s presentation on mead from our August meeting.
The Brewer’s Profile page now has 3 members.
Materials for tonight’s topic.
The Scranton Brewers Guild will be meeting tomorrow Wednesday July 25th at 730pm at jacks draft house. As always we ask home brewers to bring their latest brews for everyone to sample and critique.
TWO IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING
- IF YOU HAVE A PORTER THAT’S DONE AND BOTTLED FOR COMPETITION PLEASE BRING IT SO THAT WE CAN SELECT AN ENTRY FOR THE CLUB ONLY COMP
- BRING AN IDEA FOR THE “IRON BREWER” SECRET INGREDIENT
On the Agenda for this months meeting:
- Upcoming competitions and deadlines for entry
- Club only Competition for August PORTER Entries due August 10th
- Malt Madness Lehigh Valley – 7/27 till 8/09
- Hoppy Halloween Challenge September 1st
- Scranton Brewers Website updates
- Brewer Bios
- Calendar Updates
- Scranton brewers informal “IRON BREWER” Competition
- Secret ingredient will be picked
- Anyone can enter at no cost
- Winner will be selected based on popular vote for best use of the ingredient
- Will be done at brew day in September/ October TBD
- BREW DAY THIS SATURDAY July 28th Dave Boczar’s Hosting
- If you are brewing let us know
- As always we are looking for people to bring food and beer (commercial or homebrew) to share, and if anyone wants to bring an extra propane tanks or burner to help out that day that is also welcomed.
- 2013 NHC updates and involvements/ forming the organization committee
- Club Night
- Hospitality Suite
- Speaker Presentations
- Brewing education topic will be Adjuncts coming to the party, what makes a good flavoring agent and what makes a poor one. Presented by Sean
As always if you have any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call sean at 499-3423